Random Journey Through Life

A Woman's Journey of A Lifetime!

Pros & Cons Of The Library

Like every town has a village idiot, every town has a library. There are Pros and Cons in going there. Here are mine:

Pro #1: It is Free!
Nothing beats free things! The library is free to any person be you the hobo on the street or Britney Spears. You have the right to take and read books with no fee. I can read that overpriced thirty dollar book for no charge.

Con #1: You Have Due Dates
The library is not free when you forgot that novel on your coffee table is not your own book. It is also annoying how if the book is popular you have two weeks to read it before you have to hand if off to the next lucky person to read. It is speed read or wait five months to read it again. Sometimes, I pay the two dollars in late fees just to get more time with the book but, the phone calls from the "Late Book Monster" every other day gets on my nerves.

Pro #2: They Have All The Books You Want
Unless you live in the library you do not have the room to put a million or so in your house. The library holds all the books you want and even more that you do not know you want. You can find something you want in the databases and it is healthy to read many books.

Con #2: Waiting For A Book
I have wanted a book for the past month and I had to be put on a waiting list because I had not noticed that Oprah had just promoted the book. That means it might be another two to four more weeks before I get my hands on it. Then I will have to read it fast to bring it back in two weeks. If I was willing to pay twenty-five dollars I could have it today, Oprah or no Oprah. The only time my patience got the best of me was for the Harry Potter series and I happened to ask for them for my birthday for three years because they came out either right before or right after. Why wait for six months on a waiting list when you can have it for free right now?

Pro #3: It is Very Quiet In There
I do not live in a crazy household but, sometimes I need the quiet to let my mind wander. I just walk up and down the halls looking at random books. It is nice to slow down and just have some moments of peace.

Con #3: Sharing Can Be Yucky
I don't know about you but, when I am into a really good book I take it everywhere...and I mean everywhere. I can forget that the book might have been in someone else's bathroom but, I can't ignore the mystery spots on my books. Yet worst is when you open a book and crumbs fall out or the unappealing look and feel of water damaged books. In these ways sharing can be yucky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am Emily Rose.I write my blog to show my journey in this life. Enjoy my random stories of life.

Followers