Random Journey Through Life

A Woman's Journey of A Lifetime!

Ramona The Cat (and others)

People are their pets. That would make me a two year old calico beauty with a sneaky personality! Ramona is the most cat-like cat I have ever had and the most intellagent to boot. She and I click and she even has a bump on her nose like me.

Ramona is very smart but, she has to want to do what you ask of her. The day I found out she ignores me not misunderstands me is the day I was watching Meerkat Manor with her and she stood up on two legs like a meerkat. I had tried from the age of six to train two of my former cats to sit on hind legs and had failed and here she was doing it by herself. That was cool.

Then I hosted a family member's cat who knew how to open doors. He did his trick once and she tried it out herself. We had to lock the door outside at all times because she would run away until she was extremely hungry. Even when it rained that cat would sit out and relax.

I had two cats before her: Julius and Marbles. I had Julius (I have no pictures of him) from the time I was five until I was eight. He was a very mean cat and even once climbed up my face while I was sitting up in bed. We had to get rid of him because he just worse not better in the behavior problems. For a while we did not have a cat until someone threw a cat in a garbage bag out of their truck and into the field next door. You would think he would be bitter but, he was a calm and sweet cat with the behaviors of a well trained dog. He adopted us and we called him Marbles(pictured at left). He had a hunter's spirit and killed many feathered and furry animal all which he brought to me to "fix". Unlucky for this cat I was not God and had to put his "toys" in the trash can. Sadly, he passed away from cancer June 2007. I could not fix him either. He was a great cat.

Then, I started new with Ramona that August when I answered an ad for a 8 week old kitten on Petfinder. Only to find out she was 6 months old and was from a feral cat community. She jumped from a small kitten to a big on in a week and had a clipped ear a symbol that she was a part of the fix and release program. I wondered if she would ever come out from under my couch and if so would she be friendly? She came out one night to eat and found me sitting watching television and sat down next to me and began to purr. I knew then that she was going to be a good companion.

Right now she is sitting in a desk chair watching me pound these keys and is purring at only the fact that she is in the same room as me.

So, what do I want to get across in this post? That there are tons of animals right now sitting in shelters or on the streets that need a home. If I had not opened my home where would my friend, Ramona, be? Or would Marbles had the same comfortable life? I do not want to think of the possibilities. Even if you do not have room, or if you are allergic to animals you can still help them out by donating time or money to animal causes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am Emily Rose.I write my blog to show my journey in this life. Enjoy my random stories of life.

Followers